Mobile Crisis Outreach Program
Crisis Line: 1-800-724-0461
You are More Than the Pain You Feel
- Crisis Intervention– telephone or face-to-face response to mental health crisis situations by a team of Mental Health Professional, Support Staff and Peer Advocates.
- Assessment– Licensed Mental Health Professionals will conduct assessments to determine if an individual is at risk of harming themselves or someone else and to assess if the person has other unmet needs.
- Safety Planning– engagement of individual in identifying coping mechanisms and support system in an effort to avoid unnecessary Emergency Department visits or inpatient hospitalization.
- Peer Support– access to Peer Advocates who can assist with linkage to ongoing, supportive Mental Health Services
- Mental Health Monitoring– telephone or in-person check-in with individuals who have been assessed as being in need of additional supports for a 24-72 hour period.
Chautauqua Opportunities, Inc. Health Services
Intensive Services Coordinator
17 W. Courtney St.
Dunkirk, NY 14048
(716) 366-3333, x1238