The Housing and Development division directly offers emergency services to alleviate crisis situations, supportive services that stabilize housing options, opportunities for homeowners, energy conservation, and renovation services that assist homeowners in maintaining the value of what is often a family’s largest economic asset: their own property.
The Division also supports the agency mission of mobilizing resources by supporting activities throughout Chautauqua and Cattaraugus Counties. Collaborating with local governments and grassroots community groups allows the agency to use local resources to leverage State and Federal support for locally identified priorities that will improve the quality of life in Chautauqua and Cattaraugus Counties.
The mission of the Housing Division is to empower families and strengthen communities through safe and affordable housing.
- Apartments for rent
- We have Rental Properties that are located throughout Chautauqua County with locations in Ashville, Frewsburg, Jamestown, Fredonia, and Dunkirk. Clean, Spacious, Well-Maintained Apartments.
- Section 8
- Chautauqua Opportunities, Inc. is the local administrator for Chautauqua and Cattaraugus counties. Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program. 8 programs provide rental subsidies to income-eligible tenants through agreements with local landlords.
- Empowering home buyers and homeowners through assistance with affordable mortgage products and services. We have different services to prepare and counsel through the home buying process.
- Fair Housing
- Federal Fair Housing Laws prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, and familial status.
Energy Efficiency & Weatherization
- A home energy audit is the first step to assess how much energy your home consumes and to evaluate what measures you can take to make your home more energy-efficient.
- COI provides a number of prevention services to assist families that are facing homelessness because of eviction, foreclosure, bankruptcy, utility arrears, family relationships, fire, or other natural disasters. Our Housing Support Specialists help customers match their needs to available housing in the area.
- Housing Assistance for Persons Living with HIV and AIDS
- COI helps people to secure a safe and find more affordable homes and support their medical needs. This can include Rental Assistance, Unpaid Utility Bills, Housing Search, and Housing Counseling.
- Personal Asset Development
- Our goal is to help people resolve crisis situations and then create realistic plans that will help people increase their income, decrease their expenses, begin saving and lower their debt. Also, Other services to help get out of poverty like credit counseling, bankruptcy counseling, and foreclosure counseling, and more.
- Financial Education, Foreclosure Prevention, and Homeownership services should go under Asset Development
- COI will help you take a look at your finances – income, expenses, debt, savings and what you want to accomplish – buy a home, car, save for college or a rainy day, pay off medical bills. We’ll help you decide what changes you can make now and provide you with the support you need to meet your goals.
Chautauqua County Homeless Coalition
- Chautauqua County Homeless Coalition is a comprehensive network of diverse organizations that addresses the needs of our communities and provides intervention and prevention services for, the homeless and those at risk of homelessness