COI’s Skilled Health Division provides two types of Health Education Services:
Education & Training for Staff and for the community and outside agencies.
Education & Training for the Community & other Agencies:
Education and Training is available in various Health Topics. If we don’t have it, we will develop it and tailor it to your needs.
- Training is available at different educational levels, from laymen to personal care aides to RN’s.
- Length of training is also flexible to meet the needs of the audience.
- Informational lectures to community groups
- Content of training programs and curriculum is reviewed and updated continuously.
Staff Training & Education Requirements
- RNs and LPNs required to pass & Document “Barrier Precautions Training” every 4 years.
- HHAs required to complete 12 hours of in-service training per calendar year, 3 hours include skills observation, Health Related Topics
- PCAs required to complete 6 hours of in-service training, Health Related Topics
- DDHCWs (Developmentally Disabled Home Care Workers) required to complete in-services related to individuals with developmental disabilities.
- All home care staff participate in
- Mandatory Policy / Procedure Review annually (2 hours)
- HIPAA / Confidentiality & Infection Control annually (1 Hour)
- Medication Administration Training “Trainer” must be re-certified every 3 years by Office of Children & Family Services (OCFS)
- Certified Lactation Consultant must be re-certified every 3 yrs. (150 hrs CEU’s & Training)
- Alzheimer Support Group-Required facilitator training
Call for more information
716-366-3335, 716-661-9430 or 800-724-7161