1. Own the 1- to 4- unit residential building.
2. Have a total household income based on the NYS HEAP guidelines.
3. Have not previously received a free/reduced-cost assessment; and
4. Provide a summary of the annual electric and heating usage for the building (a utility bill that lists annual usage and/or a 12-24 month summary from an oil, propane, or other heating fuel vendor).
COI’s housing rehabilitation specialists can perform the following types of Energy Efficiency Work:
- Insulation (walls, attics, basements)
- Air sealing (leaky holes throughout home)
- Ventilation (bath fans & kitchen range hoods)
- Lighting (new LED bulbs)
- Hot Water Tanks
- Heating Systems
- Windows & doors (upon NYS approval)
Insist on using a BPI Certified Contractor to ensure that work is done right and that you are getting value for your money.
- Insist on using a BPI Certified Contractor to ensure that work is done right & that you are getting value for your money