Services to Pre-School Children & Families
• The early years of children’s lives are critical to their future success in school and life. This is when brain development occurs most rapidly, allowing for children to pick up social, emotional and academic skills that lay the foundation for later success.
• Education, health, nutrition, social and other services are provided to your child either in your home or in one of our New York State licensed child care facilities for children between the ages of three and eight years.
• COI’s Early Education services also offer comprehensive family support services.
MY CHILD’S DAY (8:30 AM – 12:00 PM; 12:00 PM -3:30 PM):
• School partnerships have been established with districts throughout Chautauqua County for Universal Pre-Kindergarten (UPK) services.
Current partnerships include: Jamestown Public Schools- 4 year old UPK and 3 year old UPK, Dunkirk 3 year old UPK, and Gowanda 4 year old UPK.
Curriculum & Instruction
• COI’s Early Education services uses evidence based curricula, including The Creative Curriculum for Preschool and the New York State Common Core for Preschool, which is aligned with Kindergarten curriculum used in public schools throughout Chautauqua County.
• The evidence based social-emotional curriculum, PATHS (Promoting Alternative Thinking Strategies), is also used to help children develop positive social interaction skills, positive self esteem, and how to handle conflicts.
• Ongoing child assessments are conducted to identify children’s areas of strength and need. The information from assessments and parent input guides center and home based staff in creating individual goals and plans for children. Parents receive detailed report cards and their child’s academics, health and family engagement three times per year.
Health & Nutrition Services
• Health and wellness is very important to everyone, especially to young children. Much of the foundation for children’s further growth and development is already established by the time they are six years old.
• Early Education can assist you in accessing health insurance, as well as medical and dental services in the community.
• COI serves healthy breakfast, lunch and snack as part of our daily routine.
Parent, Family & Community Engagement
• COI’s Early Education services offers parents a comprehensive range of opportunities for family support, involvement and leadership.
• All cultures, goals and circumstances of individual parents are respected and confidentiality is held to the highest standard.
• Have a child turn age 3-5 years
• Reside in Chautauqua County, New York.