Early Head Start
(Services to Pregnant Women/Infant – Toddler Care)
- Early Head Start services enhance the physical, social, emotional and intellectual development of infants and toddlers; assists pregnant women in accessing comprehensive prenatal and postpartum care; supports parents’ efforts to fulfill their parental roles as the first and most important teacher for their children; and helps families build assets and move toward self-sufficiency.
MY CHILD’S DAY (7:00 AM – 5:00 PM)
NYS Licensed Child Care Center
• Infant Classrooms – “home away from home”
• Toddler Classrooms – safe and nurturing environments to explore
Creative Curriculum for Infants, Toddlers & Two’s
• The Creative Curriculum for Infants, Toddlers and Twos is used by center staff to create daily routines and meaningful experiences that are responsive to children’s strengths, interests, and needs.
• Teachers work with families to provide responsive care giving while incorporating learning objectives that meet children’s basic needs; promote social-emotional development; and support cognitive, physical, and language development.
Services for Children with Special Needs
• Developmental screenings, referrals and follow up for children who have a suspected and/or diagnosed special need are provided to children.
• Speech therapists, physical and occupational therapists and special education teachers work directly with children and teachers in the classroom for children who qualify.
Health & Nutrition Services
• Research shows that children’s healthy brain development begins prenatally and expands rapidly in the first three years of life.
• Early Education can assist you in accessing health insurance, as well as medical and dental services in the community.
• COI provides breakfast, lunch and snack as part of our daily routine. Formula and baby food is provided for infants. Private space for breastfeeding mothers is available.
• Diapers are provided for infants and toddlers. We also assist with toliet training.
Parent, Family & Community Engagement
• COI’s Early Education services offers parents a comprehensive range of opportunities for family support, involvement, and leadership.
• All cultures, goals, and circumstances of individual parents are respected and confidentiality is held to the highest standard.
- Have a child birth – 3 years.
- Reside in Chautauqua County, New York.
- Qualifications based on income eligibility