Early Head Start
(Services to Pregnant Women/Infant – Toddler Care)
- Early Head Start services enhance the physical, social, emotional and intellectual development of infants and toddlers; assists pregnant women in accessing comprehensive prenatal and postpartum care; supports parents’ efforts to fulfill their parental roles as the first and most important teacher for their children; and helps families build assets and move toward self-sufficiency.
MY CHILD’S DAY (7:00 AM – 5:00 PM)
NYS Licensed Child Care Center
• Infant Classrooms – “home away from home”
• Toddler Classrooms – safe and nurturing environments to explore
Creative Curriculum for Infants, Toddlers & Two’s
• The Creative Curriculum for Infants, Toddlers and Twos is used by center staff to create daily routines and meaningful experiences that are responsive to children’s strengths, interests, and needs.
• Teachers work with families to provide responsive care giving while incorporating learning objectives that meet children’s basic needs; promote social-emotional development; and support cognitive, physical, and language development.
Services for Children with Special Needs
• Developmental screenings, referrals and follow up for children who have a suspected and/or diagnosed special need are provided to children.
• Speech therapists, physical and occupational therapists and special education teachers work directly with children and teachers in the classroom for children who qualify.
Health & Nutrition Services
• Research shows that children’s healthy brain development begins prenatally and expands rapidly in the first three years of life.
• Early Education can assist you in accessing health insurance, as well as medical and dental services in the community.
• COI provides breakfast, lunch and snack as part of our daily routine. Formula and baby food is provided for infants. Private space for breastfeeding mothers is available.
Diapers are provided for infants and toddlers.
Parent, Family & Community Engagement
• COI’s Early Education services offers parents a comprehensive range of opportunities for family support, involvement and leadership.
• All cultures, goals and circumstances of individual parents are respected and confidentiality is held to the highest standard.
- Have a child birth – 3 years.
- Reside in Chautauqua County, New York.