The Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) is a nutrition education and meal reimbursement program. The program helps providers serve nutritious and safely prepared meals and snacks in day care settings.
Click here to be taken directly to the CACFP website.
The goal of CACFP is improved nutritional quality of meals served to children in child care settings. Providers may claim reimbursement for 2 meals and 1 snack per day OR 2 snacks and 1 meal per day. Providers who participate in CACFP have the following available:
- Technical Assistance: Sponsor will help provider build a CACFP-approved menu.
- Money is reimbursed for creditable meals served.
- Free attendance to CACFP-approved nutrition trainings.
Family, group family, and legally exempt providers must sign up with the Chautauqua Child Care Council, one of the state-approved sponsors for Chautauqua County.
Centers may also participate through a sponsor that meets the same requirements. Contact your state agency for details on program participation.
How can the program help the child care provider?
The program will:
- Help pay for the meals you serve to children in your care.
- Teach you how to plan and serve meals that meet child care standards for nutrition.
- Provide you with free training that will help you do a good job and run your home-based business or child care center as a professional.
How can the program help the parents?
Parents who leave children in your care want to feel confident that their child receives the best care, the care of a professional. Parents are not charged an extra fee for the meals served.
Click on underlined titles to receive further CACFP information:
CACFP Current Newsletter – May & June 2016
CACFP 2016 Holiday Form
CACFP Parent Verification Form for Holiday Attendance
CACFP Child Enrollment forms (English)
CACFP Child Enrollment forms (Spanish)
CACFP Infant Meal Patterns
CACFPChild Meal Patterns
CACFP Claim Information form (English)
CACFP Claim Information form (Spanish)
CACFP Building For the Future (English)
CACFP Building For the Future (Spanish)
CACFP Claim Month Calendar