Family Court Child Care
• No cost, supervised and engaging child care is available for children 6 weeks to 12 years of age in an emotionally safe, literacy rich environment while caregivers tend to family court matters at Chautauqua County Family Court in Mayville, NY.
• The Children’s Center also facilitates family connections to services such as child care, health insurance, legal aid, food stamps and other community services. No prior appointment is needed for child care.
Hours of Operation
Monday through Thursday from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Friday from 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM
- A variety of developmentally appropriate toys and games are available, as well as music, videos and computers with educational games.
- The Children’s Center offers a wide variety of books and encourages journal and essay writing.
- A large, colorful mural on the wall provides a unique search and find game for children of all ages.
- Children are provided nutritious snacks while attending the Children’s Center. Personal care items are also provided for children such as toothbrushes, toothpaste, diapers, etc.
- Parents/guardians must remain in the Chautauqua County Family Court building while children are in the center in case of an emergency.
- Visitors are not allowed in the center while children are in care. Interviews are also prohibited in the Children’s Center.
Security for the Children’s Center is provided by the Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Department.