Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) is a two-day interactive workshop in suicide first aid.
Learning goals and objectives of ASIST:
Over the course of their two-day workshop, ASIST participants learn to:
- Understand the ways that personal and societal attitudes affect views on suicide and interventions
- Provide guidance and suicide first aid to a person at risk that meet their individual safety needs
- Identify the key elements of an effective suicide safety plan and the actions required to implement it
- Appreciate the value of improving and integrating suicide prevention resources in the community at large
- Recognize other important aspects of suicide prevention including life-promotion and self-care
Class sizes are limited; there may be a fee associated with this workshop. For more information or to schedule an ASIST Workshop, contact:
Intensive Services Coordinator
17 W. Courtney St.
Dunkirk, NY 14048
(716) 366-3333, x1238